HTML/JavaScript

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Giorno 78 - Switzerland

Some part of the Alps. This is the closest of me seeing snow. Lols.


I was told that Switzerland only sells Rm12 for one pack of chewing gum and even the Cobalt 5 is expensive for me. I've concluded that it will not be one of the country that I will visiting anytime soon or even I can forget about it. Living there wouldn't be a problem if you are working there of course and it will be a sweet life as well if you manage to stay make a living there, it also meant that you can go anywhere if you can make a living out of Switzerland. The first perception on me was a country which was always raining, architecture which will not defer with Italy as much because it is still an Europe country(which a month ago they aren't anymore), snow, cold, watches and chocolate(Lindt!). I was then told that Switzerland is divided in 4 parts of natives who spoke German, Swiss German, French and Italian. Majority have English as their second language. Zurich is more to German.

Instead it Zurich was sunny.
What's missing on the left is a horse. It is common to have a horse as your neighbour.


I don't know am I the fortunate one or my roommate is because she is going back to Zurich for an interview for one of the top bank in Switzerland and I could tag along because she is only going back for a few days!

One stereotypical fact about Swiss people : They are very punctual.

Upon arriving at the station with a luggage that weighed more than 25kg we arrived at the same time as the train was arriving, believe me. When I was walking to my train cabin number, I was laughing on how accurate it was on the fact.

I swear you can die if you fell on one of those pointy roof.

This is the first time me being on a train to Europe or first long trip of mine in the train. There seated two golden-ager next us and they were the sweetest, they had a bag in between them and every few minutes the pappy will press the bag down so he could see what is she doing and if she was doing fine or just to smile with her. Somehow my roommate find them weird, though it wasn't for long then they left at their station.

Before arriving at Zurich, my roommate's mum asked what was my religion and was wondering do I need a Buddha doll on my bed head. I sat there amused at her question. Though I have to say her mum is the sweetest! Her mum prepared the bed, prepared the warmer, prepared pyjamas, welcome cards, welcome cake, dinner, breakfast etc etc. Really, I still can't tell who is the luckier one.

Travelling to a country with a native really meant you could immerse yourself in the culture completely I think. You can then see how they really live in their own town or city I'm going to Zurich as an observer, or a third party, maybe a temporary inhabitant rather than tourist. Apart from her appointment with the Bank she also had a few appointments with her friends who I will meet as well.

Cafe Lang.


Her lifestyle in Zurich is almost the same as when I was in Malaysia, the 'yumcha' sessions held in quainty coffee shops. Within the few days in Zurich I've met almost all her close friends and I might have a hard time remembering their names as I've met 12 friends (more or less). Though of course usually the one who made an impression, will always be remembered. Like how I will always remember the first time I use the toilet in Zurich.

Herren / Damen

I was running back and forth at the corridor not being able to decide which is for the women! Also my roommate did not warn me about! I took my chance and open Herren. I found urinals installed on beautiful golden mosaics, and someone flushing. I then paused and thank God that a woman came and entered "Damen" and so I followed.

Having to pay a lot of taxes in Switzerland they were provided with really good train system, trams and also autobus. I was impressed with how clean, how conform the transport system is. I wouldn't say it is the most easiest because Hong Kong and Singapore is easier in that sense. There was one time I was describing the geographic location of Malaysia and its neighbouring countries. She said that they would pick Singapore as another aspect of their country. Clean, well system and moving country. What I don't understand is the price. Come on, 20 swiss francs for a 24-hour ticket.


Look. Mario is working




Lucky me, there was one night where I forgot my ticket. Great.
I then did what most Swiss would not do. I got on board without a ticket.

Thing bout this is they don't really break the rules I feel. I was with her friends walking through Zurich and we stopped at the Zebra-crossing. It was red. We were waiting until my roommate crossed when it was red. I looked at her friend a bit and wanting to see how she will react. She was shock and I said "Maybe this is what happen when you live out of Zurich for these past months." she agreed and responded immediately with her shocked tone "I know right"

"Next we have THE tallest building in Zurich !"
I hold on to my shoes awhile and look. I couldn't help but to laugh abit.
My roommate was so cute because she felt a little ridiculous after saying that. 
Far right. Click on it.

One of the day when I was in Zurich it was raining and according to Google there will be sun at 4o'clock. Being in Florence I couldn't depend on Google weather all the time as sometimes it should be raining whole day but instead not one drop. I was walking around that day when it rained, while she was having her interview with the bank. She will also meet me at the station at 4. I didn't want to be late so I arrive 15mins before and at the struck of 4, the clouds subsided and the sun shined as she get down the tram with her other friend.

Dang. How!
Typical Malaysian says to meet you at 4.00pm might probably be reaching at 4.30pm.


The Amazing Freitag tower. Such sustainable brand.

Condomeria.

She is still trying to find a Starbucks in Italy after me telling her numerous of times.
No there is no Starbucks in Italy.
Movenpick was claimed to be the best Ice-cream you can get. I just think thats because they only have Movenpick ;/
Italy still have the best gelatos! ;p
I really did learn a lot with this travel on how they actually live even they have high paying salary they will not eat out and if they eat out they will buy from supermarkets or buy take away because it is cheaper that way. Coffee might not be the cheapest but when you need somewhere to sit at for internet or any cause there is always Starbucks. Zurich is more international where it has a lot of japanese, asian, italian food and their name of the Churches is somehow impossible to remember for me.

The only thing that is true about my perception on Switzerland was: Watches and Chocolates. lols.




0 comments:

Post a Comment