HTML/JavaScript

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Privilege






In med school, I often read about and was told about how privilege we are as medical students and doctors to be, that our profession is noble. We are privilege to have the trust from patients as our title bears, give us the opportunity to examine the patient and take a history from them about their illness.

I never realize how special it was that until one day it knocked to my senses that no other profession besides us (or at least, we are the few) who could actually examine them, and to put it in another way, we are consider quite 'intimate' with the patient. Cause come on, which other profession requires you to reveal anything right? lol

Please don't get me wrong about the intimacy. I am just emphasizing on how much we as medical students/doctors are fortunate to be given such level of trust from patients. Which I thank the many patients I have examined :)

And then this knocked me yesterday night. I have a similar 'sort of' relationship with my brothers and sister in Christ.
The group that I grow up with in church, I have always wondered. I don't always hang out with you guys, yet you guys are the ones that still 'sayang', take care of me a lot.
You guys were the one I miss one of the most as I leave KL thinking that I won't see you all every week anymore.
I wondered why is that amongst the many many many close friends I have.

perhaps, I could say, this also applies to all my close friends that I met from camps and other churches.

I found out why.

Its because of Christ. Lol ok let me elaborate.
You see, we would not simply tell anyone our problems for nothing. Unless we just want to express it out, but it usually wont be in a big group but a few friends. I don't mean telling the whole church about it.
For most christian, when we face problems we often turn to at least one of our christian friends to tell them about it. Why? Because we want them to pray for us. This happens vice versa.

To share our problems to someone is opening up and this is what Jesus would want us to do.
Part of why there is church, why there is fellowship, cell group, prayer meeting.
To share our problems to someone is trusting that other person.

In my own cell group that I grow up with, we have a facebook page and whatsapp group that besides talking random stuff, we actually write testimonies and request for prayers when we are in some problems.
That's where I realize as brother and sister in Christ, we are so privilege too to have this trust amongst each other, to pray for each other, to come together in Christ and to strengthen each other.

Proverbs 27:17 (NIV)
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

We have developed this level of trust among us throughout the years of growing up together and I hope that each and every one of you realize how special this relationship actually is.

Seriously I thank God for you guys F5 CG 2009 (bamboos united? Heh) because I am so blessed by you all and thank you for everything, all the prayers and I love you!
and I love all the other close friends too from other churches.

of course, I am still very blessed with many non-christian friends that are so awesome as well and I love you guys too! :)

and to whoever that is reading, same goes to you and your church friends.
To non-believers, this is just what I realize form my own life. :)



Well the first photo way up is taken during 2009.
This is 2010. 


This is 2011 for you.

and lastly, 2013.

:) some people are missing here and there cause they are overseas and what not.

Erica

0 comments:

Post a Comment