HTML/JavaScript

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Prime Lens, The Adventure.

One of my favourites! 

Say, I love photography....and, I'm a hypocrite.
OK just joking.

I have my camera for 3 years plus now almost coming to the fourth and recently for my 21st birthday I bought a prime lens.
Nikkor 50mm F1.8.

For the past 4 months of having the lens I have never really actually tested it out. I mean I did take a few pictures and got very satisfied with the bokeh it gives me, but I still think I haven't tried it enough.
This year because Sean is not here, I have sort of taken the role to take pictures in my friends' birthdays.

Being a newbie with prime lens, its not very easy for me to take pictures during events cause I am yet to be comfortable with it. With all the hustle and bustle during birthdays and what not I usually can't focus using a new lens and trying to pick out the right mode to use.

*I know! I am a total noob in photography still cause I don't really practice often!*

So YES. I just recently came back from Penang. I decided to bring the prime to test out in Penang since I sort of wasn't the main photographer there. So I could take the ease of taking any photos I want at my own pace and freedom.

and the outcome?

AMAZING! I am pretty impressed with the REALLLLLY pretty photos that turned out by just using prime.
Also with some lightroom editing to it , it just becomes amazing.
I was so happy with most if not all the photos that was taken during Penang using the prime.
The bokeh, the colour, the result, UGH SO BEAUTIFUL !

I still think there is more to it than just this, and that I have yet to discover the lens' full potential. I WILL. SOON.

So my role here, is to share the photos I have taken using the prime here. ENJOY! :)

DSC_4237
DSC_4082DSC_3966
DSC_4223
DSC_3633DSC_3962DSC_3963DSC_4070DSC_4071
Same leaf but edited differently for a different feel to it.

DSC_4148
DSC_3838
DSC_4222
DSC_3781 DSC_3788

Some human potraits samples..

 DSC_4157

of course I didn't take this. Paul took this :) 

DSC_3699

DSC_3924
DSC_3921
DSC_4245
DSC_4020

DSC_3766

DSC_3818

and some scenery photos taken with the prime.. no bokeh here! 

DSC_3759
DSC_3765

The remaining photos are the ones which I think are really pretty too but its all taken by Wen Qi.
 Credits to him! 

DSC_4077
DSC_3721DSC_4010

DSC_4030
DSC_3709

Still have much room for improvement!


To whoever that is reading, if you can, leave some comments and tell me what you think of the photos!
Thanks and ciao!

Erica

0 comments:

Post a Comment