HTML/JavaScript

Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Healthy Snack


I know most of us love to snack. Whenever we feel slightly hungry or just our mouth being itchy we feel like eating something but we don't want to eat something heavy.
Snacks that most of us resort to are usually unhealthy.

I am quite sure people have googled the many choices of healthy snacks we can eat on.
For me, I like nuts, so this is my version of healthy snack.
This is for people who likes nuts and fruits like me.

First! Go to the supermarket! Haha, buy your nuts and fruits.
I really suggest that you buy those that you see in transparent containers (in Malaysia). Those are the ones without salt nor oil they are just the nuts themselves.
If you think that they are costly I would say otherwise because the total up of the price is cheaper than buying packets of mix nuts itself which are small doesn't last us very long.
Mixing it yourselves would amount up to a big box of nuts and fruits.
Depending on your speed of snacking, the box usually last me for a few months.

As for the fruits, buy the dried fruit packets that you find in supermarket. Keep in mind to check the ingredients and nutrition table.
Make sure their sugar content is not too high (if there is none even better) or if their is no preservative, that makes an even better choice if you could find. Find the most healthy pack you could find there with no salt/sugar added in the packet. If you can't then find the one with the lowest level of salt/sugar :)


20130919_232112


Sorry for the blur picture. I just realized its blur. I was rushing to take the picture cause I wasn't doing this myself. So I didn't want to make my friends wait.

ANYWAYS! So you can choose any nuts basically. Whichever you like.
For my choice I chose pumpkin nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds to start off.
I think I might want to add walnut to it the next time.


20130919_232432

So this is my choice of fruits. As you can see from the picture, dried mango, raisins (they are of different colour!! Yay! hahaha) and cranberries.
Cranberries are good for girls!

20130919_232439

OK BASICALLY, before we did what we did in the picture, we actually roasted the nuts in the oven.
I didn't take a picture of that as well because you know, I am doing it with friends.
Roast it to your liking, how long you want, how roasted you want it to be.

Roasting makes the nuts much much tastier than it already is SO please roast it its really nice!!! 
(getting really excited over the roasting part LOL)
You just pour out the nuts and put it in the oven for however long you want :)
No oil no anything.

Then you put them in a air tight container, and then you cut the fruits into small pieces to put in together with the box.

20130919_232728

Pour everything in! See the roasted colour of the sunflower seeds which is most obvious.
The box in the pictures are not air tight. It was just for temporary because I hadn't gotten one yet.
Get an air tight container so that you could keep the nuts for a longer time without air entering and spoiling them :)

THEN! SHAKE THEM UP AND MIX EM ALLLLLL!


Then TADA!! mixed and ready to eat!

Eating nuts and fruits is a very healthy snack and nutrition (all which I don't remember please google hahahahahahahha)
The only one I remember is pumpkin nuts boost your memory....so I munch on them like crazy when I am studying in hope that I remember more LOL.
But yes, is low on fat, healthy, and makes a very tasty and awesome snack!!!
So try it out!

Want to give a shout out to Terry, Terrence Chiew, for teaching me how to make this awesome snack!
It is very simple of course like DUHH, just that he added the roasting part which totally change my views and liking to this snack.
Thanks Terry!

Erica

0 comments:

Post a Comment