HTML/JavaScript

Monday, August 12, 2013

Don't Worry Be Happy!

Worry is such a common thing to everyone.
Everyday we are worrying bout things, worrying what to eat worrying what to wear.
Sometimes we even overdo it when there are bigger problems, and we are so worried about a certain thing we get so distracted and lose focus.

So much time is spent on worrying that sometimes at the end of everything, you wonder why you worried.

Honestly, don't worry too much because it can shorten your life.
It gives you unnecessary stress and frustrations and its not a nice feeling to deal with everytime.
You can't live in peace either.

and honestly, why worry ?


I am not asking anyone of you to not worry and do nothing just be happy.
Try your best at whatever situation and leave the rest for God.

Here is a little story from the Bible:

*HOLD THERE! don't because you see the word 'bible' you stop reading and thinking 'oh no is those boring christian stuff again. Read on! Perhaps it MIGHT help you a little when you actually start worrying bout something :)*

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, ' Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me! "Martha, Martha, " the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is away. "

Luke 10:38-42

Basically the story just means that Jesus came to visit Martha and Mary. When Martha was so busy preparing for (dinner I am guessing?), her sister is just sitting there listening to Jesus talk.
Well some of you may think, well ya is right that Martha thinks so! She is so busy why is her sister not helping???

The point of the story here is, we are always so worried about so many things in our life. 
If you truly sit down and think about it, count the amount of worries you have per day, small or big.
and PLEASE, don't lie and tell me you and none. 

Knowing Jesus is only here for a short time, Mary want to hear from the Lord as much as she can. Martha was too busy preparing for so many stuff , some probably which are unnecessary, it got her distracted from what is more important.

And it is true to us today, even though stories in the Bible are written so many years ago.

We are always so worried, busy, thinking too much over a certain things, frussing about with just way tooooo many things we get distracted from the bigger picture. We get distracted from what is more important.


I am not saying that we don't worry and do nothing really, but like I mentioned, do your best and leave it to God. Trust that God is your provider and He will provide you.

In simple terms, God is the Provider. He will give you all that you need, at the right time so you will not be lacking.
and you have to believe in that fact before anything could happen! 
God won't try to force anything on us, but He gave us a choice.
and just how exactly do I know God will provide?

Cause the Bible said so! :)
From one of my favourite verses:


Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what will you eat or drink; or about your body, what will you wear. Is not life more important than food, and body more important than clothes?

The first line, I have read this many times in the Bible, but I never find it significant till today when I realize how true is this.

Everyday we are worried 'what to eat? I don't know what to eat lah.' 'what to wear? no nice clothes'
Most girls get so frus with choosing the right clothes, having nice clothes and always so bothered by it.
( I ADMIT I AM ONE! :D)

But is life more than just these?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much valuable than they? Who by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 

Think about it, birds are small little creatures, yet they will find ways to feed themselves, there will be food for them every time when they try to find. Since God made this world, it is how they work. This is how they live. God will make sure they have food.
And aren't we, humans, more precious to God? God loves us so much! 




No, don't start asking me about kids in Africa, I don't have an answer for that now.
But before you start shooting me questions like this and get all worried bout African children, why not take a look at your own life first? :)

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'. For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be give to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry bout itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

For those of of you reading that are Christians yourself, we believe God, but it ends there.
We don't have enough faith to trust him.
We still try very hard to solve everything ourselves, in our ways and it never seems to work out.

Faith, is believing in something you can't see.
It seems to be the hardest thing to do to believe in God, because we never seen Him.
and for a lot of us, we do not know God enough to trust Him. It is hard to trust someone we barely know right? :)

But believe me here, I have very little bible knowledge as far as I am concern.
I am not here to boast about my faith, I have doubts also here and there.
But there is a reason why I do trust God so much most of the time, its because of the things that has happened in my life that has lead me to this conclusion that, God is really there whenever I need Him and he really provides!

God, is more important above all, and putting Him first should be our priority!

Why they always say child-like faith? Because a child, kids, believe with all their heart about something  with no doubts.

I hope I did not teach or say anything wrong here, correct me if I am wrong.
This is purely my own understanding and reading from the Bible and what I believe.
And I really think this could help anyone of us at all, because worrying is such a common thing.

Put God first, and all will be okay.
Pray more, worry less!


Guess this is from some event, but I like the quote. The Antidote to Anxiety!
Matthew 6:25-34! :)
God bless!



All photo courtesy from Google, I do not own any of them :)
and I partly learn this sermon from Lloyd Pulley, Bridging the Gap sermon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment