HTML/JavaScript

Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 24 A Picture of Me Last Year & Now and How Have I Changed Since Then.

I had a hard time finding a picture of me last year. It is not like I am not vain like the usual girls but I guess I don't feel pretty most of the time since I always stayed up late. As a consequence, I have dark circles so I live with glasses most of the time. Hence, that explains the lack of vain pictures haha. After going through albums, I managed to get this picture (below) which was taken around July. Erica was having an assignment where she needs to produce anything that relates to her major; Medicine. So, she came out with the idea of doing a stop motion video about The Tale of a Med Student. Hence, Aaron and I were requested to act. 

In this picture: Aaron, Erica and Me


I would say that I am a happy girl who had lived my life comfortably since I am born. I am provided with security, caring family, a home, and just anything that is more than my basic needs. I am brought up in a really protective environment where my parents ensure minimal injuries on my sisters and me. I wasn't even allowed to go to Sport Days initially. As time goes by, I became fearful of trying and ultimately failing. So, my only aim in school was to achieve good grades and that is it. I guess I got lucky somehow, when my friends dragged me into volunteering activities. I started to get involved with more volunteering activities and it was at that moment that I wanted to do something for the people. It can be as simple as making the people around you feeling happy or a gesture of kindness. 

Last year, I was doing my usual volunteering activities but I realized a series of bad feelings I had about myself. Despite the fact that 2012 is a leap year, I think it was a 'leap' year for me too. I had always been low self-esteem because I think that I am not good enough, I am afraid of a lot things especially speaking on stage ( I have stage fright!), I am not skillful, yada yada. Worse of all, I tend to find excuses for myself. So, I decided that I need to get out of my comfort zone. And, what motivates me to go further is this quote:
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt
So, I started picking up tasks which seem hard to me. I failed at times and I made a lot of mistakes of course! Sometimes, it can be so scary that I couldn't sleep well. But, it was a really fun journey! :) When I am lucky, I get to meet really nice people who would give me a warm smile that calms me down haha. For each mistake I made, there comes a lesson I learnt. And, I am thankful that the Gen X whom I am working with for being so patient with me. What I can conclude now is that I am not afraid of trying something new. I am a better person with a better attitude. :) 


Lastly, this is a picture of me now. ;)


Chloe

0 comments:

Post a Comment